Reciprocating Holder Apparatus
The Reciprocating Holder Apparatus is ideal for automatic dissolution testing of dosage forms requiring a change of media, smaller volume or more vigorous agitation. Typical products tested include extended release tablets, capsules, transdermals, osmotic pumps and arterial stents.
Features of Reciprocating Holder Apparatus
- Simulates the biorelevant conditions for the skin, gastrointestinal tract and tissue required for transdermal, oral drugs and implants with biorelevant temperature agitation rates and retention times.
- Tests and transports a variety of samples, saving valuable bench space. Samples are automatically transported from one medium to the next without operator intervention, and can run unattended for up to six days.
- Stores up to 15 programs and maintains direct control over timepoints, agitation rate, sampling rate, and movement between vessel rows, hold dip time, and drain time.
- Accommodates a variety of dosage form holders.
- Supports typical volume configurations of 50, 100 and 300 mL. Additional conversion kits are available that can transition the instrument to support different volumes.